Life’s little mishaps are more fun when you make it into a game! It’s my mum’s 53rd birthday today so I put together a drinking game for birthday celebrations. It’s perhaps most suitable for people who lead dysfunctional lives.
Take one sip of beer for…
– Every birthday card you receive that includes.
A) A senile old woman/man (n/a if you’re turning 70 or above).
B) A fluffy animal with a paper hat and/or cake.
C) An ‘inspirational message’.
– Every time someone screws up a word in the Happy Birthday Song.
– Every candle on your cake.
Take two sips of beer for…
– Every birthday card that includes a bible quote or an otherwise very religious message.
– Every gift that is a bible or a hymn book (take three if you’re openly not religious).
– Every gift where the gift giver says “I saw it and I thought of you immediately!” and you/the recipient is confused/offended.
Take a mouthful of wine for…
– Every singer that is completely tone deaf when singing Happy Birthday.
– Every card that shows up from relatives that you haven’t spoken to in years.
– Every piece of cheese and chocolate, because it’s a yummy combination.
Down half a bottle of vodka…
– For every family member or close friend that forgets your birthday.
– If your significant other breaks up with you on your birthday.
– No one turns up to your birthday party.
Down a bottle of tequila if…
– A birthday stripper shows up.
– A gift turns out to be a sex toy, and has been opened in front of friends and family.
– A gift turns out to be a pet that you didn’t want.
– Your age now ends with a zero (40, 50, 60 and yes, 10 counts too).
Down the entire keg if…
– Your age now ends with two zeroes.
– The pet that you were gifted died while in the gift box.